Today marks 9 months from the time that Jarom was born. I can't believe it has already been that long. I had no idea that he could be so busy and so much fun at the same time. We had to get a gate for the top of the stairs, and needless to say it as a major attraction for Jarom. He loves to shake it and lean against it, and try to climb up it, and because there is a six inch gap between it and the top step (just big enough for his little bum to fit in) he also tries to sit by it, but occasionally - as this picture so nicely shows - he can't get out of his sitting position. He was quite stuck! The thought did cross my mind to leave him there for a few minutes so he wouldn't be into everything, but after watching me laughing, and snapping a few pictures, he decided that he'd had quite enough.
On one of the most trying days as a mom (trying to keep up with him and trying to be patient.) we decided to go outside and build a snowman. I built it, wile he tried to figure out what all the white stuff was. To be honest, it took longer to get him dressed than we ended up staying outside, but it was fun to have a nice change of pace.
Jarom has also sprouted 4 teeth in the last 5 weeks (talk about stressful!!!) His second top tooth just broke through today. As a result of them coming in so fast, he hastn't really had time to figure out what they are, so he was constantly grinding his teeth and giving us the cheeziest looks as he felt his teeth inside his mouth. We couldn't get the picture that we were hoping, but now we are glad that we got the ones that we did because he stopped the cheese.
On a happier note, I have decided to try to shed some of the baby weight that has plagued me since I was pregnant, and have started jogging a mile and a half every morning for the last week and a half. To be honest, it isn't the easiest thing to drag myself out of bed every morning before Thayne leaves for work, but on the other hand, I haven't felt this good in a long time. It feels good to actually be doing something physical every day (besides chasing a nine month old little boy)!!!
3 comments:
I'm pretty sure it's impossible for you to have baby fat! But running is definitely a nice break from being in the house all day long.
And Nathan got 4 teeth in 2 weeks, so I can relate. But now he's going through molars..... yikes!
Oh man, hang in there! Running wouldn't be my first choice, but I know you can do it!! And isn't it crazy that some of the best things for us are the hardest to do?!? Good luck and hugs!!!
Kiama, It was so good to hear from you! I really enjoyed reading your blog and getting an update on your life. Jarom is so cute and seems to be a really energetic little kid. I'm sure he's tons of fun and seems to keep you very busy. I can't believe how quickly he's getting his teeth! Crazy!
Post a Comment